This is an ongoing post containing my Tropico 5 Mods and will likely be updated in the future.
Hey there, and thanks for checking out my Tropico 5 (and when it comes out 6) mod page. I also post my mods on Github & tropicomodding.org, but beta mods and the like may appear here before anywhere else. If you aren’t sure how Tropico mods work, check out my post on installing Tropico 5 mods.
My Tropico 5 Mods
Bio-fuel Plant Standalone
[Github] [TropicoModding.org] Only available on ethancochran.com
Adds only the bio-fuel plant component from my Cannabis Kingdom mod, runs on corn instead of hemp. Great for an environmentalist-centric island looking to meet power consumption needs and get rid of extra corn clogging up docks.
Cannabis Kingdom v2.0.0
A multi-part mod that adds a ton of new resources and industries centered around cannabis.
- Adds 6 new resources. Hemp, Cannabutter, Joints, Blunts, Dabs, & Edibles.
- New production building: The Hemp Factory.
- New power plant: Biofuel Plant.
- New healthcare building: Medical Cannabis Dispensary
- 20+ New trades.
- New Creamery upgrade: Infuse with Cannabis.
- New Cigar Factory upgrades: Roll Joints & Roll Blunts.
- New Pharmaceutical Factory upgrades: Make Dabs – BHO, & Make Dabs – Rosin Tech.
- New Chocolate Factory upgrades: Edible Candies & Edible Chocolates
- Mod Loader 2.4 by DarthPresidente
- DrugTrade 2.00 by DarthPresidente
- *Resource Manager 4.0 by DarthPresidente
- (For updating) Remove ANY previous instances of this mod, including the BuidlingsIcons and .LUA file/s.
- Place contents of this .zip file into your Tropico 5 folder to maintain file structure.
- A fresh game save
*= Highly recommended, but not required for fuctionality
Recommended Tropico 5 Mods
Mod Loader – (Required) This one is less of a recommendation, and more of a requirement. DarthPresidente’s mod loader allows for easy scripting for modders, and easy install for users.
Resource Manager – Another DarthPresidente mod, incredibly helpful and allows for a lot more control over resource flow.
Papi Edicts – No longer being maintained, but an awesome well thought out mod. Adds 4 new edicts for every era, very immersive and balanced.
Majestic’s Coffee – A few minor bugs, but a content rich mod that adds an interesting industry to the island.
Drug Trade – (Required for Cannabis Kingdom) Another amazing mod by DarthPresidente, adds more crime, and drugs.
Palace Mover – Pretty much an essential for me. Does what it says. (Originally by Wowiwankenobi, now managed by DarthPresidente)
Forced Labor – Also a super helpful one, keeps you from having too many unemployed, particularly when there are actually jobs available.